The Williams County Public Library is excited to announce the launch of our new outdoor HoldIt Locker system at the Bryan Main Library! The HoldIt Locker System allows customers the flexibility to pick up holds from an outdoor locker any time of day or night, even when the library is closed! The HoldIt Locker system is currently available for use. Patrons from all WCPL locations in Bryan, Edgerton, Edon, Pioneer, Stryker, and West Unity are welcome to use the Locker System for convenience pickup. If the Locker System proves to be a hit among patrons, we may look into adding lockers to our branch locations as well.
Here are a few important things to know when using the HoldIt Locker.
You will need to have your library card on hand, or know your library card number, when using the Locker. You can enter your number manually using the touch screen, or scan the card, or the barcode stored in a mobile app on your phone.
After you receive notice that your items are ready, you will have 7 days to pick up your items. After the 7 days, your hold will expire, and any items that have not been picked up on time will be cleared from the locker.
Also, any cardholder account status that would block you from borrowing items inside the library will also block checkout at the HoldIt Locker.
If you decide that the HoldIt Locker is for you, just follow these easy steps to reserve and pick up your items:
· Choose Williams County Lockers as the pickup location when reserving items.
· Come to the library after you receive notice that your reserved items are ready.
· At the locker select 'Pick Up' on the touch screen and enter your library card number.
· Your locker opens and the items inside are checked out to you automatically.
· Choose 'Print Receipt' and 'Finish' to complete your transaction.
· Remember, if you decide that the HoldIt Locker system is not for you, then you can still place your holds for pickup indoors, or curbside, at any WCPL location.
The Williams County Public Library is so excited to offer this new service! We hope the lockers will be a great convenience for many of our patrons, and create even more accessibility to library materials!